Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Marching to the Beat

Warning: This will be a mommy post!

My mancub has decided he would like to be potty trained. He will be three years old in December. Many-a-family-member have been pushing for me to start training him for months. I even tried a three day potty training during the summer that didn't go very well. After our three days mancub was miserable and panicked any time the potty was mentioned and I was miserable and worn down. I had to force myself to take a step back and really think about who my son is as a person. He comes from very stubborn and independent people. He wasn't going to potty train until it was his idea. I had to back off and respect my sons personality enough to know that he would let me know when he's ready. Saturday started out normal. We woke up and ate breakfast then got dressed and came back upstairs to play. While he was playing he found a portable potty seat that hadn't been opened yet. He approached me and told me that he wanted to use it. I told him that big boys who wear undies use the toilet. He was all for it!
I won't be that mom who describes every little detail but things are going very well, so far. I know he might decide that he has changed his mind and there will be some rough days but I am so proud of my boy. 
Three cheers for Mancub!!!
We looked so cute on Halloween, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment