Wednesday, December 4, 2013

THIS is What I'm Talking About!!!

Hey all!

Some great news in the ostomy community! Finally, some positive light shown on someone with an ostomy!

I don't normally watch Tosh.o. When I heard he was featuring an ostomate, I was intrigued. And, to be frank, a little scared. I like to think I have a good sense if humor but I wasn't sure I could handle someone like Daniel Tosh making fun of someone with an ostomy. It is one of those things, to me, that you can make jokes if you have experienced it or are close to it somehow. My illness is not fodder for your comedy! 

So, I took a deep breath and started the episode.

 I have to say, I owe Daniel Tosh a huge apology. The segment is fun and informative and pretty funny!
And, hats off to Laura for sharing and putting herself out there to share her story! 

In case you missed it. Check it out here! Let me know what YOU think.

Also, to view Laura's videos on YouTube you can find those here. She is so sweet and gives great information and tips. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so fantastic!!!! I have been reading your blog all morning, and I have learned so much! I can honestly say I didn't know that an ostomy could save a life and remain to improve quality of life! I watched my grandpa go through surgery after surgery from pancreatic cancer and for him, a colostomy bag was an end of life sort of thing. I sincerely had no idea that there was a whole community of people benefiting from ostomies. :) I am so glad it has saved your life and I am so happy to see positive light shed on a chronic disease. As a fellow "Zebra", I know how hard it is when people just don't seem to "get it". My experience certainly is different from yours, but I empathize.

    ReplyDelete