Sunday, December 22, 2013

Drowsiness May Occur

Hey all!

For the past few weeks I have been battling the season's finest. Sore throat, cough, fever, headache, runny nose... I'm practically a walking list-o-symptoms on the DayQuil commercials.  All of this is pretty tolerable. 
Until, that is, I forget to keep hydrated. I'm not sure I have been so miserable since the peak of my illness as when I am sick and dehydrated. Dehydration is serious and dangerous for anyone. 
An ostomate has to be especially careful about hydration. Remember, the colon is the organ that absorbs the water out of a person's diet. Without a colon my body doesn't get all of the fluids from the foods I eat as easily, which brings on dehydration much faster. 
So, friends, drink lots and lots of water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment