Monday, January 27, 2014

The Newness

Hey all!
I didn't grow up with a lot of new. I lived in the same house since I was five, I went to the same schools in the same school district, I had a lot of the same friends, I went to the same malls and ate at the same restaurants. As an adult, I can't keep up with all the new things happening. I moved to a new state, and then back to a new house, I had a new baby (is it possible to have an old baby?), I moved to another new state, I found a new job which led to a new passion and career path, I started a new school and made new friends (sorta!) Anyone who is a parent can tell you that every day brings new challenges and new adventures. Today is the first day in the new semester at school.

Since my surgery I have wanted to try new things. Not things like skydiving or bungee jumping because I'm afraid of heights and that's just crazy. I thinking more along the lines of getting involved and pushing myself to be a healthier and happier person.
And I have already completed one task. I completed my first 5k!
Okay, I walked it because I am still extremely out of shape, but I crossed that finish line all the same. I did it.
And I am very proud of myself.

What's next? Who knows... 
Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment