Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Paging, Dr. Stork!

My boyfriend Dr. Travis Stork and the rest of the doctors on the show The Doctors discussed ostomies in the show that aired today Tuesday, January 28, 2014. 
Here is a link to that show's synopsis, which includes video clips!
I didn't see the original airing but on my drive home from school one of my best friends called me and told me that she had stayed home sick from work and had seen the show. She and I have discussed my ostomy and Crohn's Disease before in depth. She has seen my pouches and heard my story. She was the first to call while I was in the hospital and lets me talk and cry for hours when I'm feeling overwhelmed.
 When she called tonight she told me that she finally feels like she truly understands the technical aspect of what had happened to me. She explained that hearing the process of an ileostomy and seeing the diagrams and models on the show really hammered home what I had been through. 
I would just like to say thank you to The Doctors for reaching at least one person today.
I can only hope she wasn't alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment