Wednesday, February 12, 2014

To Mourn

This post is not about my ostomy. It is not about my disease.
This post is about life. And death. 
This post is being hastily written because I can't make sense of the overwhelming emotions I feel right now. 

I am writing this through tears. I am writing this out of the sorrow I feel for a family that I have never met. A friend of a friend. A blog that I follow. A story I know through a mother's words, shared with the world. This mother is feeling the worst. The worst thing has happened. 
Her daughter has died from cancer.
Her beautiful six year old has taken her last breath today. 
I can't make sense of it. It is so heartbreaking. No mother should have to go through this much heartbreak. 

I am sitting here weeping. My heart is aching.
I know I am not the only stranger who is mourning the loss of this girl. I only wish that the power of all of the love we all feel for her mother could ease her hurt, even if it is only a fraction. 
Rest in peace, sweet JLK. You will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment