Friday, February 7, 2014

For the Cause

My son is three years old. He is starting to get into superheros. He will wrap a blanket around his neck and "fly" around the house, his cape flying behind him. He knows that superheros have super strength, speed, or can take flight. 
But real heros can't fly; at least, not without help. They don't have super strength or super speed. They look like the rest of us. Some of them wear uniforms. Some of them wear scrubs. 
My hero wears sneakers.
My sister Jessica truly inspiring. She is a gracious wife, mother, daughter and sister. 

And now she is doing an amazing thing for my community, for people like me who have Crohn's Disease.
This summer Jessica will travel to Hawaii to run the Kona Half Marathon with Team Challenge. Team Challenge is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America’s endurance training and fundraising program. If you, your family or someone close to you is affected by Crohn's or Colitis, please consider 
Your donation will help find a cure for these painful diseases. 

Enough with the serious! I haven't told you the fun part yet! Jessica has created a little incentive to the fundraising.
Copied from her website:

$10: I will send you a Blue rubber bracelet that shows your support of the Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis foundation of America.

$50: I will write your name on the back of my jersey to share your support with everyone.

$100: you can sponsor a mile of my race.

$200: I will make a "flat Stanley" character of you and take pictures along the course and send them to you after the race.



Thank you all for your continued support and a big thank you to Jessica for fighting the good fight and being my hero!






No comments:

Post a Comment