Thursday, May 29, 2014

My New Favorite Thing

I have had my ostomy for almost two years now. 
Can you believe it? I can't. 
It feels like yesterday that I landed in that hospital, hours from death. 
Since then, I have learned so many different things that I never would have even thought of. 
I have used trial and error and discovered a pouching system that works for me. 

One thing that I have just started using in the past couple of months, that I LOVE love love love, that I don't know how I lived without, is my wraps from www.ostomysecrets.com. 
See, my stoma is fairly high on my abdomen. Many ostomates wear their pants over their pouch as a way to conceal it. I would be wearing some hiiiiiiiigh pants if I was gonna do that. For a long time, I was wearing my pouch over my pants and wearing a cami, and the longest shirt I could find. 
I was always, ALWAYS pulling on my shirt to make sure that the "tail" of my pouch wasn't showing. More than once, it was before I noticed. Talk about STRESS. 
Boom!
Ostomy wrap. 
My pouch is concealed. It is secure. 
I even wear one to bed and I am sleeping better because it is more secure and not flopping around. 

Life is good. 
Thank you OstomySecrets! 

1 comment: