Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Scope it Out

A short update!
I had a scope done yesterday through my stoma. Since I have been experiencing symptoms that could be the Crohn's Disease (or just tummy aches and diarrhea) my doctor ordered the scope to take a look at my small intestines to see if there is any inflammation. I'll tell you one thing, not having to do a bowel prep is a nice change. I had to be on a clear liquid diet on the day before and nothing the day of the procedure. (They let me cheat and have water up until 4 hours prior because of my tendency to dehydrate extremely quickly.)

Great news! Everything that they could see in the 25cm of intestine that they checked, looks perfect. I am ordered to do a CT scan and follow-up appointment, but I am grateful for the uplifting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment